Named scholarships aim to assist and encourage talented and promising students. The below-listed scholarships are given at Odlar Yurdu University:
- Scholarship named after the National Leader Heydar Aliyev is given to master’s degree students who have made special achievements in their professional sphere, as well as the in the social life of the students both of the university and the Republic.
- Scholarship named after Academician Z.Aliyeva is given to students studying biology and medicine.
- Scholarships named after Ahmad Seyidov is given to students specializing in the field of education.
- Scholarship named after Academician S.Vurgun is given to students studying in the field of philology and linguistics.
- Scholarship named after Academician Faramaz Magsudov is given to students studying in the field of mathematics.
- Scholarship named after Academician Mir Jalal Pashayev is given to students studying in the field of literature.
- Scholarship named after Lotfi Zadeh is given to students studying in the field of computer mathematics.
- Scholarship named after Academician Vahid Gahramanov is given to students studying in the field of law.
Requirements in respect of candidates nominated for the awarding of a named scholarship The students studying in the full time department of basic education programs for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, whose learning grades (scores) are "good" and "excellent" (which should not be less than 75% of all their grades (scores)), taking an active part in the university's research and social activities, can get these scholarships.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the decision of the Competition Commission according to the results of the competition. The Competition Commission comprises representatives from faculties and departments who are responsible for the teaching process at the university. The members of the commission are proposed by the Scientific Council and are approved by the rector.
The amount and rules of payment of named scholarships The total amount of scholarships is fixed by the rector of the university. Scholarships to students, who have won the competition, are paid in accordance with the decision of the Competition Commission, on a monthly basis starting from September of the current year until June of next year during the academic year. Grounds for the termination of the payment of scholarships
Payment of a named scholarship will be terminated in the following cases:
• If it is discovered at the time of a monitoring (inspection) that the student, receiving the scholarship-concerned, does not comply with the Regulations of Odlar Yurdu University on the named scholarships.
• If the student is given an academic vacation.
• If the student is expelled from the university.
• If the student breaches the charter of the university, the internal work discipline and the training schedule.
Scholarships are given individually in accordance with the recommendation of the Competition Commission on the basis of the rector’s order.